Our recruitment and employment experts work with veterans on a 1-2-1 basis to discuss career goals and determine what area of work they would like to move into.
Forward Assist has developed a ‘Veteran Specific’ employment and learning programme called Forward2Employment. We have two experienced employment coaches operating within the team. Sarah Lattaway & Jon Clapham bring a wealth of experience to the role and we have had numerous successes in getting those furthest from the employment market and back into full time jobs with companies such as Starbucks, Owen Pugh & a host of other businesses supportive of the military community.
Similarly, the human resource personnel in corporations such as SAGE (UK) LTD, Starbucks and Price Waterhouse Cooper has in the past, provided work placements and/ or ‘one to one’ interview preparation coaching for unemployed veterans. By kindly donating staff time and expertise the Business Sector has enabled former servicemen and women to re-engage with the UK employment market by providing specialist support and interview experience, which includes pre and post interview briefings and feedback. HR staff within the Private Business Sector, are experts in helping veterans translate their military skills so that they are more understood by civilian employers. Many of our veterans have gone on to gain full time employment and/or access further education courses. By volunteering for Forward Assist veterans are able to improve confidence and self esteem by giving back through our community benefit projects such as Cook2Give.
At Forward Assist we recognise and fully appreciate every individual is different so give bespoke support tailored to the individual’s needs. We can assist with the following:
- Bespoke career plans including goal setting and realistic timescales
- CV Writing
- Interview preparation including role plays and practice interviews
- Work Placements with a wide variety of companies across the North East
- Exclusive job opportunities
- Support in setting up your own business; business plans, where to get financial help, social media & marketing advice
- In work support for when you are in employment
- Career progression support & Advice